10.31.2010

{happy Star Wars halloween!}

FYI - I'm so bummed that I forgot to change the setting on my camera back from the "night time" setting. It was after photographing our pumpkins the night before, ugh, so that's why they are bluish and grainy. Sad day.

Anyhow, we sort of fell right into a Star Wars theme this year. I never spend money on halloween costumes because, well, they are SO expensive and it's ridiculous. I bought the Yoda costume last year at Goodwill and when a friend offered to loan Dean an Anikan costume, we were committed to the idea. I made Ava's Princess Leia costume and found the hair to add at the dollar store.



(Dean with his Star Wars bud, Dalton, from preschool. Dalton is Obi Wan.)

They are all so cute! We had such a blast this year. I LOOOOOOVE halloween. It's like an official kick-off to the holiday season in my book, so we always go all out in regard to festivities. We went to Kroger's night out on Thursday evening and then had Halloween (kid-friendly) movie night on Friday. Then we went trunk-or-treating at church on Saturday and to a friend's house Sunday night for a wonderful k-bob dinner outdoors followed by halloween candy, cupcakes and eventually tummy aches!

Yay for Halloween! Can't wait to do it again next year!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

your kids costumes are so cute. love the themed costumes. i did the same thing with my pictures this year, they are all a blur. your house looks cute too!