7.30.2007

X-RAY Torture Device

Dean has been sick for a little over a week now and doctors can't seem to figure out what the problem is. He has had fevers ranging from 101.7 - 105.4 degrees every day for the whole week. Scary! In order to rule out any possibility that the source of the fevers is his heart, we were sent to get some x-rays done. When we entered the room, I could not believe the device they had to strap him into - it seriously looked like a medieval torture device.

Dean was screaming as they strapped him in (who wouldn't?), and to add insult to injury, I had to leave since I'm pregnant and could not be exposed to the radiation. Thus, he had to endure his agony alone while I listened, nearly in tears, in the hallway. Thank goodness the technicians were quick and took less than 3 minutes to take all the images they needed. I was so relieved when they handed Dean back to me and it was definately gratifying to know he was relieved to see me as well. He stopped crying the minute he was in my arms.

That is definitely my favorite part about being a mommy, no matter how scary or traumatizing a situation is for Dean, just being in his mommy's arms somehow makes it all better. Aawww! Nothing is greater than that.

SERIOUSLY, LOOK AT THIS THING! UM...FRIGHTENING!
P.S.THE CHILD PICTURED IS NOT DEAN - this child is definitely not as mortified as poor Dean was. In fact, is that a smile in the first picture?


4 comments:

Joel & Lila said...

Holly Dolphin!!! That is pretty freaky! I hope (y)our little dean is okay! :)

I would have been crying my eyes out knowing that my little baby had to go in some sort of machine like that...just looking at it makes me sick to the tummy....

Dave & Chels said...

What an awful machine for a child! Hopefully Dean will not remember those three horrible minutes. Did they ever find out what was wrong with him? Perhaps your child inherited your luck, Steph. Seriously, that kid in the picture looks like that is just another ordinary day...

The Bluths said...

Holy cow that thing looks fake! And where are some great belly shots of you? You need to get on that!

tiff snedaker said...

OH - poor baby! That is crazy. Wonder who invented it. Isn't it nice how you can always make things better just cause you are a mommy? I love that part too...